- Instruction targets current math benchmark period
- Math Problems-of-the-Day are implemented daily
- Student use of state-aligned rulers and reference sheets is evident.
- Student use of calculators is consistent with state assessment guidelines
- Student feedback is based on state open-ended scoring guidelines.
Given the imperative to improve student achievement in both math and literacy, it is critical that a well articulated set of expectations be establish for daily routines. Providing a clear set of guidelines enables all stakeholders to develop common language and specific targets for classroom instruction.