Let's first explore digital-age learning by viewing the short video clips below.
Now, rank the videos from Lowest (1) to Highest (4) in terms of representing digital-age teaching and learning.
• Discussion: If you have access to a laptop, add a comment at the bottom of this blog post now about the specific "look-fors" that separated your highest rated video from your lowest rated video.
What is H.E.A.T.?
• Discussion: Conduct a H.E.A.T. analysis of the Hermit Crabs video. Was it bringing the H.E.A.T. to student learning in terms of Higher order thinking, Engaged learning, Authentic connections, and Technology use. Discuss with your colleagues how you would have scored this video based on the H.E.A.T. rubric.
What is LoTi?
• Discussion: Conduct a LoTi Sniff Test of the Food Chains and Biology videos. What was the LoTi Level of each video? Discuss with your colleagues how you scored each video based on the LoTi Sniff Test.
• Discussion: How does LoTi relate to H.E.A.T.? If you have access to a laptop, add a comment at the bottom of this blog post now about the relationship between LoTi and H.E.A.T.
What is the LoTi Continuous Improvement Cycle?
- Sample H.E.A.T. Strategy-Web 2.0 Tools
- Classroom Walkthroughs with H.E.A.T (User ID: lotiguest/Password: lotiguest)
Professional Development Opportunities:
• LoTi Administrator Institute (Spring, 2010)
• Online LoTi/H.E.A.T. Classes (User ID: lotiguest/Password: lotiguest)