Thank you again for attending the LoTi MATRIX Administrator Workshop at the Cherry Hill Public Library. Today, we focused on strategies for ensuring the sustainability of the MATRIX grant during the 2008-09 school year. During the workshop, we discussed 21st Century learning opportunities, reviewed the LoTi and CIP Frameworks, conducted H.E.A.T. Observation Walk-throughs, and developed a draft Next Steps Action Plan that addressed student achievement in mathematics.
During the morning session, I introduced the 5'C's of instructional leadership which included:
Implementing the 5'C's in conjuction with H.E.A.T. (Higher order thinking, Engaged learning, Authentic assessments, and effective Technology use will raise ASK and GEPA scores as well as elevate the Level of Teaching Innovation in the classroom.
Provided below are links to additional resource websites and sample "action steps" that can aid your campus in addressing AYP priorities for mathematics and raising the Level of Teaching Innovation in the classroom.
* Integrate 21st Century performance tasks every 6 weeks in 6th=8th grade math curriculum
* Develop cross-curricular PBL for each grade level
* Involve special teachers (music, art, health) with cross-curricular PBL projects
* Model LoTi 3 and 4 lessons for staff
* Seek out a "community-support" person to enhance cross-curricular PBL projects
* Require MATRIX participants to mentor at least one non-MATRIX teacher in the "tech-infused" PBL process
* Institute H.E.A.T. Forums to highlight cross-curricular project results
* Conduct H.E.A.T. walkthroughs once a month
* Critique lesson plans based on H.E.A.T.
* Allow teachers to self-assess themselves based on the H.E.A.T. rubric
* Evaluate GEPA results to guide curriculum mapping
* Have teachers design lesson plans based on H.E.A.T.
* Distribute the updated H.E.A.T. Walkthrough form and distribute to staff
* Have staff discuss how rigor impacts assessment and evaluation
* Elevate expectations based on H.E.A.T.
* Have students complete an observation of the classroom based on H.E.A.T.
LoTi Project Schools
Partnership for the 21st Century