One needs to look no further than the ISTE Standards for Teachers for inspiration as to what constitutes a truly digitally-literate educator. These standards articulate five key domains that infuse skills, knowledge, and, of course, attitude.
- Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Design and develop digital learning experiences and assessments
- Model digital age work and learning
- Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
- Engage in professional growth and leadership
The release of the 20th Anniversary edition of the LoTi Digital Age Survey will provide stakeholders with an opportunity to explore which variables relating to teacher readiness stand out the most for their staff and schools as they plan their professional development. The results may surprise you.
This blog post is the seventh in a series of fourteen online entries highlighting factors that impact the effective use of technology in today's classrooms. This series focuses on each of the research variables used to conduct comparative analyses as part of the 20th Anniversary Edition of the LoTi Digital Age Survey.